SC-1 Data Centre
We know uptime matters. That’s why the multi-million-pound SC-1 Data Centre was designed from the ground up to meet or exceed Tier 2 specifications. It features N+1 redundancy across all major components, resulting in a highly resilient facility. Opened in 2008, it’s up to 40% greener than traditional data centres and boasts a low operating PUE of 1.4.
Location was a key consideration when building our data centre and its position on the A1(M) outside of the M25 means the SC-1 Data Centre presents an extremely low-risk profile whilst crucially remaining very easily accessible. SC-1’s secure situation in Stevenage, Hertfordshire makes it perfect for both rock-solid live deployments and critical DR implementations.
For a full overview of our features download our factsheet.
- PCI DSS compliant facility from a Level 1 Service Provider
- ISO 27001 certified data centre
- 24x7x365 network and environmental monitoring from our on-site NOC
- Comprehensive, all-areas CCTV
- Advanced access control systems
- 24x7x365 manned security and GSM-backed alarms
- Minimum of N+1 redundancy across all core components, with no single point of failure
- Back-up generators with fuel stored on-site and refuelling contracts in place
- Resilient, energy-efficient battery UPS systems
- State-of-the-art, energy efficient cooling technology and low operating PUE
- Tightly controlled environment with regulated temperature and humidity
- Resilient power feeds available to each cabinet